Support if you are feeling hurt by posts, comments, photos, tags or other forms of ongoing harassment and you are not sure how to stop it.
Report, Block or Untag
Instagram's Community guidelines clearly state that bullying or harassment is not allowed:
We remove content that ...targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages.
To report a post:
- Tap the THREE DOTS above the post
- Tap Report
- Select 'It's inappropriate'
- A new screen will open where you choose a reason for reporting the post/photo
- Select 'Harassment or Bullying' and then a new screen will open stating what will be removed
- Click NEXT
- The next screen asks who is being harassed or bullied, select 'Me or someone I know', this will submit the report
This screen also gives you the option to Block the user
To report a profile:
- Tap the THREE DOTS in the top right of the person's profile
- Tap Report
- Select either 'It's Spam' or 'It's inappropriate'
- A new screen will open where you choose a reason for reporting the account
- Select 'I belive this account violates Instagram's Community Guidelines'
- You then need to choose from 'Report a photo, video or comment' and 'Report Account'. Select 'Report Account'
- On the next screen, choose 'Posting inappropriate content'
- Then on the next screen choose 'Harassment or Bullying', REMEMBER making a selection on this page submits your report.
If you don't have an Instagram account, you can report Bullying, harassment or anything else that doesn't follow their Community Guidelines by using THIS FORM.
When you block someone, that person won't be able to find your profile, posts or story on Instagram.
People aren't notified when you block them.
To block someone:
- Tap their username to go to their profile
- Tap the THREE DOTS in the top-right
- Tap Block
After you block someone, their likes and comments are not removed from your photos and videos.
To remove yourself from a photo or post someone tagged you in:
- Tap on the photo
- Tap your name
- Tap More Options > Remove Me from Post
- Tap Remove
You can also choose whether photos you're tagged in appear on your profile automatically or manually.
When you choose to add photos manually, they'll appear on your profile only after you approve them. By default, when someone tags a photo or video of you, it will automatically be added to your profile.
To manually select the photos that appear on your profile:
- Go to your profile and tap the settings cog icon
- scroll down to photos of you
- Select Add Manually
If you choose to add photos to your profile manually, you'll still be notified when someone tags you in a photo.
To add that photo to your profile, tap on the photo, then tap your username and select Show on My Profile.
You also have the option from here to hide any photos that are showing on your profile.