Support if you are feeling hurt by posts, comments, photos, tags or other forms of ongoing harassment and you are not sure how to stop it.
Report the account
What can I do if someone is impersonating me on Instagram?
If someone created an Instagram account pretending to be you, you can report it and this would violate their Community Guidelines.
From within the App
- Click on the person's profile
- Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner
- Select 'It's in appropriate'
- Choose 'I believe this account voliates Instagram's community guidelines'
- Select 'Report Account'
- Choose 'This profile is pretending to be someone else'
- Select 'Me'- this will then automatically submit the report directly to Instagram
You can also report impersonation online by filling out this form.
Instagram only respond to reports sent to them from the person who's being impersonated or a representative of the person who's being impersonated (example: a parent).
You do need to make sure to provide all the requested information, including a photo of your government-issued ID (this is a Drivers Licence or Passport, if you do not have one of these yourself, your parent can make the report on your behalf)
If you don't have an Instagram account, please fill out this form.