Support if you are feeling hurt by posts, comments, photos, tags or other forms of ongoing harassment and you are not sure how to stop it.
Report or Block
If the comment or post goes against Twitter's guidelines, you can report it.
Remember, that it must clearly voliate the guidelines to be removed.
To Report a Tweet
- Go to the Tweet you’d like to report.
- Tap the icon located at the top of the Tweet.
- Select Report Tweet.
- If you select It's abusive or harmful, we’ll ask you to provide additional information about the issue you’re reporting. We may also ask you to select additional Tweets from the account you’re reporting so we have better context to evaluate your report.
- Once you’ve submitted your report, we’ll provide recommendations for additional actions you can take to improve your Twitter experience.
Something to keep in mind: You can report Tweets from an account that you have blocked. You can also report Tweets from an account that has blocked you, but only Tweets that mention you
To report a Direct Message:
- Click into the Direct Message conversation and find the message you’d like to flag.
- Hover over the message and click the report icon when it appears (A circle with a line through it).
- Select Report @username.
- If you select It's abusive or harmful, Twitter will ask you to provide additional information about the issue you’re reporting. They may also ask you to select additional messages from the account you’re reporting so they have better context to evaluate your report.
- Once you’ve submitted your report, Twitter will provide recommendations for additional actions you can take to improve your Twitter experience.
Note: Additionally, you have the option of reporting a message from a group conversation.
If you do not have a Twitter account, you can make a report online using THIS FORM
You can use the 'Block' feature to Block and account and stop them from mentioning you or sending you direct messages.
To block from a Tweet
- Click the 'Downwards arrow head' icon located at the top of a Tweet from the account you wish to block.
- Click Block, and then select Block to confirm.
To block from a profile
- Go to the profile page of the account you wish to block.
- Click the more icon on their profile page.
- Select Block from the menu.
- Click Block to confirm.
How do I know if I have blocked someone?
When you visit the profile of an account you have blocked, the Follow button will be replaced by a Blocked button.
The Tweets of an account you have blocked are hidden when you visit their profile.
However, you can see the Tweets from that account by clicking the Yes, view profile button.
Blocked accounts cannot:
- Follow you
- View your Tweets when logged in on Twitter (unless they report you, and your Tweets mention them)
- Find your Tweets in search when logged in on Twitter
- Send Direct Messages to you
- View your following or followers lists, likes or lists when logged in on Twitter
- View a Moment you’ve created when logged in on Twitter
- Add your Twitter account to their lists
- Tag you in a photo