Support if you are feeling hurt by posts, comments, photos, tags or other forms of ongoing harassment and you are not sure how to stop it.
Report or Block
Snapchat's Community Guidelines set out an expectation of people being positive on the platform
- Don’t Snap with the intention of making someone feel bad. If someone blocks you, it’s not okay to contact them from another account.
Their in app reporting tools are not available in NZ yet.
Until they are, if you want to report a Story, Snap or user, you have to do this by going to their Support Centre. [more]
Once there, select 'I have a safety concern', then choose where in the app your concern is (e.g. Another Snapchatter's Story) and then beside 'Do you still need help ?', select 'YES'.
This opens up an online form where you can make a report to the Snapchat team.
On the form you need to enter:
- your Snap ID,
- the email address linked to your account
- where you saw what you want to report
- related information
- You also have the chance to upload an attachment
Then click SEND [endmore]
When the REPORTING TOOLS do become available, these are the steps below.[more]
To report a Story
Press and hold on it until a 'White Flag' button appears in the bottom left corner.
Then select 'It shouldn't be on Snapchat' and then choose from the options
To report a Snap you've received,
Press and hold on the Snapchatter’s name right after you view the Snap, then press and hold again to bring up their profile.
Then, tap the Cog icon and tap ‘Report’ to reach out to Snapchat.
The steps will then be the same. Select "It shouldn't be on Snapchat' and then choose from the options and select SUBMIT. [endmore]
Blocking someone on Snapchat will stop them from being able to send you Snaps or Chats
To block a Snapchatter who is your friend follow the steps below:
- Tap your Bitmoji in the upper left hand corner of the Camera screen which will take you to your Profile screen.
- Tap 'My Friends' on the Profile Screen
- Tap on their name
- Tap the 'cog icon' below their name and select 'Block' to stop them from sending you Snaps, Chats, or from viewing your Story
To block a Snapchatter who chatted you follow the steps below:
- Swipe left on the Snapchatter's name who chatted you to open the Chat screen
- Tap the 'Three Lines icon'
- Tap 'Block' to prevent them from sending you Snaps, Chats, or from viewing your Story
To block a Snapchatter who added you follow the steps below:
- Tap 'Added Me' on the Profile Screen
- Tap their name, then tap the 'Cog icon' next to their name – or simply swipe left on their name
- Press 'Block' to prevent them from sending you Snaps, Chats, or from viewing your Story