Support if you are feeling hurt by posts, comments, photos, tags or other forms of ongoing harassment and you are not sure how to stop it.
Report or Leave the group
If you think a group isn't following Facebook's Community Standards you can report it.
Facebook are clear about Bullying and Harassment in their Community Standards: [more]
We don’t tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow you to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but remove content that appears to purposefully target private individuals with the intention of degrading or shaming them. This content includes, but is not limited to:
- Pages that identify and shame private individuals,
- images altered to degrade private individuals,
- photos or videos of physical bullying posted to shame the victim,
- sharing personal information to blackmail or harass people and
- repeatedly targeting other people with unwanted friend requests or messages. [endmore]
To report a group:
Go to the group you want to report
Click the Three dots in the top right and select Report Group
Select what's wrong with the group and click Continue [more]
The options you will choose from are
To report something you see in a group:
Find the post you want to report.
Click the three dots in the top right.
Select Report to Admin to report the post to an admin or select Report post to send the report to Facebook.
Note: If you choose to report the post to an admin, the admin will know that you reported it.
Admins may or may not choose to remove the post or block the person who shared the post.
Reporting a post to an admin won't send a report to Facebook.
It's not possible to block a group like you would a person or a Page, but you can take steps to stop a group from bothering you and help you to stop receiving notifications related to it.
First, you'll want to make sure you've left the group by following these steps:
1. Go to the group on Facebook
2. Find the 'Joined' label on the left underneath the cover photo for the group
3. Click this button and select 'Leave Group' this will open a dialog box
4. Make sure to checkmark the box that says 'Prevent other members from adding you back to this Group' then click LEAVE GROUP
Once you've left a group, you won't see anymore updates from it in your News Feed and if you selected the option to prevent others from re-adding you, you won't receive requests that automatically add you back in.