Support if you are feeling hurt by posts, comments, photos, tags or other forms of ongoing harassment and you are not sure how to stop it.
Block or report the person
If a photo of you naked or having sex is shared and you report it, it should be quickly taken down
To report a photo or video:
- Click on the photo or video to expand it
- Hover over the photo or video and click Options in the bottom-right corner
- Click Report Photo for photos or Report Video for videos
- Select 'I don't think this should be on Facebook'
- Select the First Option 'This is nudity or pornography'
- You then have a range of options. Select the first option 'Submit to Facebook for Review' as nudes do breach the community standards, especially if they are shared without your permission.
Facebook's Community Standards clearly state that they will remove photos "featuring genitals or fully exposed buttocks, and restrict images of female breasts if they include a nipple".
They also state: "Overly graphic images of sexual activity are banned and descriptions of such activity may be removed if they are deemed to be too colourful".
To stop the person from continuing to contact you or post on your timeline, follow up your report by blocking them
When you block someone, they won't be able to see things that you post on your timeline or tag you in posts.
If you were friends, blocking someone will also unfriend them.
To block someone:
- Click the 'Question Mark' at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click Privacy Shortcuts
- Click How do I stop someone from bothering me?
- Enter the name of the person you want to block and click Block
- Select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears and click Block again
People will not be notified when you block them.
If you can't find someone this way, try going to the person's profile and selecting Blockfrom the 'Three Dots' menu on their cover photo.
Removing a tag might be a good step if the photo or post is not that serious
To remove a tag from a post you've been tagged in, click the 'down arrow head' in the top right of the post and select 'Remove Tag'.
You can also remove tags from multiple posts at once:
- Go to your ACTIVITY LOG
- Click Photos in the left column
- Click to check the box to the left of the posts you'd like to remove a tag from
- Click Report/Remove Tags at the top of the page
- Click Untag Photos to confirm
Removed tags will no longer appear on the post or photo, but the post or photo is still visible to the audience it's shared with.
People may be able to view the post or photo in places like News Feed or search results.