Support if you are feeling hurt by posts, comments, photos, tags or other forms of ongoing harassment and you are not sure how to stop it.
Report or Block
Facebook's Community Standards clearly outline that Bullying or Harassment is not acceptable on either Facebook or Messenger.
They state that violations include:
Bullying or harassment: content that appears to purposefully target a person with the intention of degrading or shaming them, or repeatedly contacting a person despite that person’s clear desire and action to prevent contact.
You cannot report a message from within Messenger
To report a threatening message (which includes Bullying and Harassment) , you need to use this online form.
On the form, you will need to include the following information:
- The person or people harassing or bullying you
- Screenshots (or copy and paste) the messages you have received
- Select with Community Standard it violates (bullying and harassment)
- In your own words, explain what happened.
Then click SEND
When you report a secret conversation, recent messages from that conversation will be decrypted and sent securely from your device to the Facebook Help Team for review.
The person you're talking to that will not be notified about your report.
Note: People in secret conversations can set messages to disappear.
You can report messages for a short time after they've disappeared.
To report a secret conversation:
- Open the secret conversation you want to report
- Tap the person's name at the top
- Tap Block or Report > Report Conversation
- Select a category for your report and tell us what happened in your own words
- Tap Send
To block messages from someone from Facebook on a computer
- Click the Messenger icon at the top right of the page
- Open the conversation with the person you'd like to block
- Click the settings cog in the top right of the chat box
- Click Block Messages > Block Messages
When you block someone, they'll no longer be able to contact you (ex: send you messages, call you) on Messenger or on Facebook chat.
To block messages from someone using the Messenger App:
iPhone and iPad:
- Open a conversation with the person you want to block
- Tap their name at the top of the conversation
- Scroll down and tap Block
- Tap next to Block Messages
- Open the conversation with the person you want to block
- Tap the 'i' in a circle, scroll down, and then tap Block
- Tap Block all messages