Support if you are feeling hurt by posts, comments, photos, tags or other forms of ongoing harassment and you are not sure how to stop it.
Report, Block, Unsend or Take a Break
You can report abusive photos, videos and messages that are sent to you with Instagram Direct:
Open the conversation
Tap and hold the individual message you'd like to report
You can also report a Profile
To report a profile:
Tap the Three dots in the top right of the profile
Follow the on-screen instructions
Keep in mind that when you report something, your information isn't shared with the person whose message or profile you're reporting.
If you don't have an Instagram account, you can report Bullying, harassment or anything else that doesn't follow their Community Guidelines by using THIS FORM.
When you block someone, that person won't be able to message you on Instagram.
People aren't notified when you block them.
To block someone:
- Tap their username to go to their profile
- Tap the THREE DOTS in the top-right
- Tap Block
If you have retaliated in a Direct message and now regret it, you can 'unsend' the message
To unsend a message you've sent:
- Tap the paper airplane in the top-right corner of Feed
- Select the conversation and go to the message you'd like to unsend
- Tap and hold on the message, and then select Unsend
Once you unsend a message, it will no longer be visible to people included in the conversation. Keep in mind that the people you sent it to may have already seen your message.
Note: You're not able to unsend disappearing photos or videos you send using Instagram Direct.
Taking a break from your Social Media can give you the chance to step away from the hurt and spend time with people you care about doing things you enjoy.
If you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in.
To temporarily disable your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can't temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap or click the person icon in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you've selected a reason from the menu.
- Tap or click Temporarily Disable Account.