Services-Feeling Bullied-Online Tools
There are a range of online services or apps that can provide you with support and/or information to help you deal with what is going on.
They can be used as well as support you are getting in person or they can be a great first step to connecting with other support.
MYRIVR is NZ’s largest free in-app directory of community services in the palm of your hand.
MyRivr is designed to provide the following services:
• Give access to a database of services
• Provide details for each service provider including location, opening hours, distance and cost
• Use GPS technology to help you self refer to services nearby or in your region
• Track referrals by user to providers of services
• Updates, feedback and alerts
• 24/7 access to translation services
• 24/7 access to all emergency and refuge services
Mostly, people in need don’t know what help is available or how to access help, MyRivr seeks to break down the barriers to help by enabling ordinary, everyday New Zealanders through the power of technology.
How it works:
- Download the App. Iphone or Android.
- Create an account and confirm your account by clicking on the email in your inbox. This step should take no more than 10 minutes before your account is verified and ready to use.
- Open the App and Login. You will see a screen like the one below.
- Find a service. You can search using your GPS, by entering an address or by a list of categories. You can also then refer yourself.
SPARX is a self-help e-therapy tool that teaches young people the key skills needed to help combat depression and anxiety.
Who is SPARX for?
SPARX is for young people aged 12-19 who want help with feeling down, depressed, worried or stressed. The information below is from their website.
If you want to know if SPARX is right for you, complete their Mood Quiz.
It was developed with the help of young people and is based on a type of ‘talking therapy’ called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, or CBT for short. You can do CBT with a counsellor or a psychologist but you can also learn CBT skills from SPARX. All you need is a computer with access to the internet.
CBT teaches skills about how to cope with negative thoughts and feelings by helping people to think in a more balanced and helpful way and getting them to do things they enjoy or that give them a sense of achievement. There is lots of research to show that CBT helps.
Aunty Dee is a free online tool for anyone who needs some help working through a problem or problems.
The information below is from their website.
It doesn’t matter what the problem is, you can use Aunty Dee to help you work it through.